What kind of hair routines are you using? 7 Hair routines explained.
When it comes to hair care, there are countless routines and techniques that people swear by. Each has a different style of caring for their hair, from washing to styling. In this blog, we will explore some of the most popular hair routines and techniques that exist.
- Co-washing: Co-washing, also known as conditioner washing, is a hair-washing method in which shampoo is skipped in favor of conditioner. This technique is well-liked by people with curly or coily hair since it keeps the hair's hydration and natural oils in place.
- The LOC Method: The LOC method is a hair care routine that stands for Liquid, Oil, and Cream. This technique involves applying a water-based product (liquid) to the hair, followed by an oil-based product (oil) to lock in moisture, and then finishing with a cream-based product to seal the hair cuticle. This routine is great for those with dry or damaged hair.
- Protective Styling: Protective styling is a hair care technique where you style your hair in a way that protects it from damage. This may include wearing buns, twists, braids, or even a wig. Protective styling helps to prevent breakage and damage from styling tools, harsh weather conditions, and manipulation.
Protective styling helps to prevent breakage and damage from styling tools, harsh weather conditions, and manipulation.
- Scalp massages: Scalp massages are an excellent approach to encourage hair development and enhance your hair's general health. Increased blood flow to the hair follicles caused by scalp massage can promote hair growth. To gently massage your scalp, you can use your fingers, a brush, or even a scalp massager.
- Hair Masks: Hair masks are a great way to give your hair a deep conditioning treatment. They can improve the overall condition of your hair by hydrating and nourishing it as well as repairing damage. Use a hair mask our store or create your own using organic ingredients like avocado, coconut oil, or honey.
- Low Manipulation: Low manipulation is a hair care technique where you minimize the amount of manipulation your hair undergoes. Wearing protective hairstyles, avoiding using heat styling tools too often, and using fewer hair products are a few examples of how to do this. For people who want to lessen hair damage and encourage healthy hair development, this approach works wonders.
- The Curly Girl Method: The Curly Girl Method is a hair care routine specifically designed for those with curly or coily hair. It includes appreciating your natural curls, using less frequent heat styling equipment, and utilizing products devoid of harsh chemicals and sulfates.
In conclusion, there are several widely used hair care routines and methods available, each with their special advantages. It could take some trial and error to find the routine that works best for you, but by combining some of these methods into your hair care routine, you can have healthy, lovely hair.